VernaLee has been an Indeedian since 2016. Find out how she helps people get jobs as a Senior Account Executive in our Foster City, California office what it’s like singing karaoke with Indeed’s head of HR and her philosophy on inspiration and creativity.
1. How do you help people get jobs?
As a Sr. Account Executive I do my best to deliver an authentic and enjoyable experience for my clients. This way employers get results AND enjoying working with me at Indeed.
2. What was your first job?
Hot Dog on a Stick!
3. What’s the best thing about your Indeed team?
When I was the hardest on myself and almost threw in the towel, every single last member of my team fixed my crown and never let me quit!
4. If you could work on any other Indeed team for one day, which would it be and why?
The Senior Leadership Team. I’d love to be able to understand how they make business decisions and what/who all the stakeholders are. We forget they are people as well so I would love to understand their day to day demand and how they are able to lead with such grace.
5. What’s the best career advice you’ve ever been given?
My dad told me: “The most important thing about your job, is yourself.”
6. What do you love about your office?
The people. We are like a family in this office.
7. What would your superpower be?
I’d be a muse. Be able to inspire people easily and spark their creativity.
8. What do you consider your greatest Indeed achievement to date?
The year 2018. I was promoted to Senior AE, moved up to Co-Chair of the Black Inclusion Group, and made it to Top Gun Regional. Oh and I got to do Karaoke with SVP of HR Paul Wolfe, that was amazing!
9. What is one thing people would be surprised to know about you?
I used to sing in a children’s Christian rock band for five years and I mastered the tambourine!
10. What is your favorite thing to do outside the office?
Hang out with my son — he is cooler than I am!
11. Who are your heroes?
My son Leo, he literally saved every good part about me the day he was born. He came two months early and yet he was right on time.
12. Are there any causes you’re particularly passionate about?
Black Lives Matter.
13. What is the last book you read?
Sometimes I Lie’ by Alice Feeney.
14. What’s number one on your bucket list?
I want to be a billionaire, mainly so my son will inherit it and be able to really chase his dreams.
15. Who would you invite to your ideal dinner party?
Will Ferrell, Ellen Degeneres, Dave Chappelle, and Barack Obama.
16. Which talent would you most like to have?
The ability to play the piano.
17. What is your most treasured possession?
My son. I honestly don’t need anything as long as my son is with me.
18. Where was your favorite vacation?
My son’s first visit to Disneyland. We rode every ride except Indiana Jones. He is too short. But soon!
19. What is your greatest indulgence?
Cheese. I love Cheese
20. What is your motto?
Aspire to inspire.
VernaLee and her Black Inclusion Group (BIG) co-chairs.
Learn more about VernaLee’s BIG experience at Indeed.